Post Graduate Research Funding
Applications for post graduate funding over £1500 should state clearly but briefly:
- The purpose of the case for which funding is required.
- The expected outcomes/benefits that will arise from the ‘project’ in terms of both personal, if appropriate, and the Trust’s objectives.(Refer to eligibility)
- How the ‘project’ will be carried out.
- The key resource requirements (expertise and facilities).
- An outline budget (identifying as appropriate items such as: course fees, stipend/living/travel, materials, contribution to o/heads, staff costs, other costs e.g hire charges, specialist fees, laboratory charges) indicating the level of funding that has been obtained/applied for from other sources.
- The main risks.
- Other individuals/organisations involved as collaborators, funders etc.
- Details of the ‘parent’ organisation or institution and, where appropriate, the project supervisor.
- There are two closing dates for submissions - 1st March and 1st October each year.
- An assessment panel, appointed by the Trustees evaluates the applications.
- Applicants are informed of the outcome before end of May/November.
- Trustees appoint a mentor for each successful case.
- A "gateway project management" process is agreed with the Trust mentor providing the basis for approval and payment criteria.