The Douglas Bomford Trust
What is The Douglas Bomford Trust for?
The overall objective of the Trust is to advance knowledge, understanding, practice, competence and capability in the application of engineering and physical science to agriculture, horticulture, forestry, amenity and allied land based and biological activities for the sustainable benefit of the environment and mankind.
How does it do it?
The Trust provides funding to enable competent individuals and organisations to pursue:
- Education, training, research and knowledge transfer.
- Innovation and the application of science and technology with respect to the design, development, evaluation and construction of machines, systems and techniques.
- Travel to acquire or disseminate knowledge.
- The development and maintenance of professional competencies.
- The development or acquisition of new skills, techniques and capabilities.
For recent Douglas Bomford Trust articles published in the IAgrE Journal Landwards, please click as appropriate:Spring 2015 Winter 2014 Autumn 2014 Summer 2014 Spring 2014 Winter 2013 Autumn 2013 Summer 2013 Spring 2013 Winter 2012
Careers Forum: ' Worldwide Opportunities in Engineering for Agriculture' wase held on 7th November 2013 at Harper Adams University. Report available here.
Other information on the charity can be found on the Guidestar website.