The Douglas Bomford Trust
What is The Douglas Bomford Trust for?
The overall objective of the Trust is to advance knowledge, understanding, practice, competence and capability in the application of engineering and physical science to agriculture, horticulture, forestry, amenity and allied land based and biological activities for the sustainable benefit of the environment and mankind.
How does it do it?
The Trust provides funding to enable competent individuals and organisations to pursue:
- Education, training, research and knowledge transfer.
- Innovation and the application of science and technology with respect to the design, development, evaluation and construction of machines, systems and techniques.
- Travel to acquire or disseminate knowledge.
- The development and maintenance of professional competencies.
- The development or acquisition of new skills, techniques and capabilities.
For recent Douglas Bomford Trust articles published in the IAgrE Journal Landwards, please click as appropriate: